Indian Institute of Foreign Trade Entrance Exam 2019
Candidates who are planning to apply for the exam must know the complete information of IIFT 2019. It’ll help them prepare for the exam more specifically. The following article gives a brief of the IIFT 2019 examination.
IIFT is a leading business school of India. The institute is famous for management courses in International Business Management and Strategy courses. IIFT conducts a separate entrance test to select candidates. Based on marks obtained in the written test, candidates are further called for essay writing, group discussion and interview.
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts its national-level entrance exam i.e. IIFT entrance exam, for admission to its MBA programmes at its Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada campuses.
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) exam is the written entrance test for two-year MBA programme at IIFT. The exam is the gateway to IIFT’s two-year fully-residential MBA in International Business (IB) programme. The final selection at IIFT will be made on the basis of Entrance test score, Group Discussion (GD), Writing Skill Assessment and Personal Interview.
IIFT Entrance Test Important Dates
|IIFT Registration begins||August 6, 2018|
|Deadline for receipt of Application (Gen/SC/ST/OBC)||September 14, 2018|
|Last date to request exam centre change (By paying Rs. 1000)||November 5, 2018|
|IIFT 2019 Admit Card release||November 16, 2018|
|IIFT 2019 entrance exam||December 2, 2018 (10 AM to 12 Noon)|
|IIFT 2019 Result||First week of January 2019|
|Selection Procedure||January/February 2019|
|IIFT 2019 Final list of selected candidates||Second week of April 2019|
- Recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline with 50% marks in Graduation (45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Candidates appearing in final year of Graduation can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2019.
- No age limit.
Additional Eligibility for Foreign National and NRI
- In order to qualify as an international; candidate for the purpose of applying to IIFT entrance exam, a candidate should have been (expected to be) resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2018 and be outside India during the IIFT examination window. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy / High Commission /Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stated that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2018.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. The Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the same.
- The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th February 2019. GMAT taken before 1st January 2017 is not valid.
- If the candidate has appeared for any MBA entrance examination for that year in India (2018) such as CAT /XAT /IIFT etc., he /she is not eligible to apply.
- Transcripts of all academic degrees/diplomas are required to be submitted along with the application. Grades or marks may be self-reported. Originals are required to be produced at the time of admission.
IIFT Application & Registration Form 2019
IIFT 2019 application process has commenced and will continue till September 14, 2018. Applications can be filled online only.
To apply for IIFT exam, candidates must have following documents ready beforehand:
- Candidates must have a scanned copy of their photograph in .JPG format and the size of the photo should be less than 50 KB.
- It is important for applicants to have a copy of their scanned clear signature. It must be done on a white background and the size of the file should be less than 50 KB.
- A valid Credit / Debit card (Master/ VISA).
Read the following steps to know the complete examination procedure
- Register Online: To begin with the online application procedure, candidates first need to get registered to the website. When the application process begins, candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to register for IIFT 2018:
- Click on “Apply Now” and select the category you belong from to apply for the exam.
- Read carefully the information displayed on your screen regarding the payment of application fee.
- Fill in the basic details asked in the application form and submit the form.
- Application number will be sent to you to the registered email id after the successful submission of the form.
- Use the application no. sent to you in email and password entered by you while registration to log in to the website.
- To complete the registration process, follow the links displayed.
- After completing the formalities, candidates shall be informed regarding successful registration through an email at registered email id.
- Once you are done with filling of application form, you need to pay the application fee. Following fee has been set by the IIFT authorities for different categories:
|General/OBC candidates||Rs 1650|
|SC/ST/PH candidates||Rs 825|
|Foreign National/NRI||US $85 (Rs 5,500)|
- Applicants can pay the application fee through the following:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card (VISA/Master)
- In the next step, candidates are required to upload their scanned photograph and signature in .jpg / .jpeg format only. The size of the file should not be more than 50kb each. Read more on the process of uploading the signature and photograph.
- Once the application process is over, candidates are advised to keep a copy of the filled-in application form for future purposes.
- After completion of the registration process, make sure that you successfully log out of the website.
IIFT Exam Pattern 2019
Generally, IIFT tends to experiment with the exam pattern, and the number of questions vary every year. This year IIFT exam paper is expected to contain about 120 to 150 multiple choice questions. Most likely, IIFT 2019 will have about 123 MCQs.
- IIFT is conducted in an offline mode
- The duration of the exam is 2 hours, i.e. from 10 am to 12 pm
- Every year, generally there is a change in the IIFT exam pattern and the number of questions vary between 120 and 150
- The questions are in Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) format
The IIFT question paper consisted of questions from the following areas:
a) English Grammar
b) Vocabulary and Comprehension,
c) General Knowledge & Current Affairs
d) Logical Reasoning
e) Quantitative Analysis
f) Data Interpretation
Success in IIFT exam preparation depends on the candidate’s time management skills and selection of correct questions. Attempting maximum standard questions in less than 80 seconds per question is the key to excel in the exam.
IIFT 2019 Examination Process
Step 1: Fill in the Application form
To be able to appear for IIFT, aspirants need to fill the application form. Candidates can choose to fill the application form in two modes- online or offline. Candidates must make sure that they check eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. Foreign candidates need to have a valid GMAT score.
The application fee for candidates belonging to General/OBC categories is Rs 1650, for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories is Rs 825.
Candidates can pay the application fee online only.
Step 2: Download IIFT 2019 Admit Card
IIFT 2019 admit cards can be downloaded for the official website from November 16, 2018. Candidates can access their admit cards using login details.
Once candidates have downloaded their admit cards, they can check the test centre and other exam-related details. Those who wish to change the test centre can request through a written application to change the test centre. It is mandatory for every applicant to obtain their admit card before the last date as entries to the exam centre on the day of exam will only be on the basis of admit cards.
Step 3: Appear for IIFT 2019
Candidates who fill the application form successfully need to appear for IIFT exam. The exam will be held on Dec 2, 2018. Candidates are required to solve 123 multiple choice questions from sections like English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
Candidates need to carry a photo ID need along with the admit card as identity proof. Failing to produce valid and required documents on the day of exam can lead to cancellation of candidates’ admission to the exam centre
Exam date: IIFT 2019 will be conducted on December 2, 2018.
Step 4: Check IIFT 2019 Result
IIFT result is expected to be declared within one month from the date of exam. Candidates can check the result on the official website by entering their Roll Number and Date of Birth. It is advised to take a printout of the scorecard for further references.
Step 5: Essay Writing, GD and PI
Candidates who clear IIFT 2019 will be further called for Essay Writing, GD (Group Discussion) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds. For Essay Writing, candidates will be provided a topic related to General or business affairs. The average time allotted to draft an essay of around 300 words is 20 minutes.
Candidates who clear the Essay Writing round enter the next round i.e. is the GD round. Here candidates are divided into groups of 10-12 and given a topic. Candidates are expected to take initiative, communicate efficiently and present their ideas effectively.
Last is the PI round where the panelist asks questions to the candidate.
Step 6 : Selection Process
Candidates who clear IIFT 2019 will further be called for the Essay Writing test. Following this, successful candidates will be invited for Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds.
The exact dates for IIFT selection procedure has not been announced yet, but the same is likely to commence in January, 2019.