Management Aptitude Test for MBA Admission
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national level entrance exam. It is conducted by the All India Management Association four times in one year. Through MAT entrance examination, the admission will be offered in management courses such as MBA and PGDM. Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardised test being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level test in 2003. Any B-School – national or international – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. The largest test of its kind in the nation, MAT will continue to be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
Many B-Schools of India consider the MAT score for providing the admission in their campuses. It is conducted in February, May, September and December months. Here, the complete details on MAT 2018 are published including its admission procedure.
MAT September – 2018 Exam Important Date
MAT is conducted four times in a year in February, May, September and December months. So, right now we have mentioned the September exam dates.
|Availability of Admit Card for Paper Based Test (PBT) – Phase 1||Aug 25, 2018|
|Paper Based Test (PBT) Date||Sept 02, 2018, Sunday|
|Last Date for Online Registration for Paper Based Test (PBT) – Phase 2||Sept 08, 2018, Saturday|
|Availability of Admit Card for Computer Based Test (CBT)||Sept 11, 2018|
|Computer Based Test (CBT) & Paper Based Test (PBT) Phase 2 Date||Sept 15, 2018, Saturday|
MAT 2018 Exam Cycle
The best thing about MAT exam is that it is conducted 4 times in a year- usually in February, May, September, and December. Privilege of sitting in the exam according to the convenience proves to be a boon for the candidates and they get ample time for perfect preparation of the exam. So, here you will fetch the information about MAT 2018 Sept Exam.
MAT 2018 Registration
The sincere and eligible candidates will never wait for the last minute registration and get it done well in advance. Let’s know few important things about MAT 2018 registration:
- AIMA accepts MAT 2018 registration applications through online mode only.
- Most probable time for MAT September 2018 registration opening in 3rd week of December 2018.
- The last date for registration of MAT 2018 September exam would fall in the last week of January 2018 for PBT and second week of September 2018 for CBT.
- Candidates need to provide all their details truthfully in the right columns and upload their signature & photograph in the prescribed format.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to choose & fill 5 institutions where they want to convey their MAT scorecard to be considered for the admission.
- Candidates will be enabled to check their application status after few days of application form submission.
- A candidate can either choose one from Paper Based Test (PBT) or Computer Based Test (CBT) or go ahead with both patterns. The registration fee collectively for both PBT & CBT would be 2650 & for one of either PBT or CBT, it would be Rs. 1550 for all categories.
- AIMA accepts the registration fee through online payment modes i.e. debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
MAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate can appear in MAT 2018 Exam only if he/she meets the eligibility criteria defined by AIMA. However, the participating management institutions have their own set of eligibility criteria.
Age Limit: There is no age bar to appear in the MAT exam.
- Educational Qualification: Graduation Degree (the percentage requirement depends on the selection of colleges done by the candidate while registering). Final year graduation students can also apply for MAT 2018.
- Number of Attempts: There is no limit on attempts. The candidates can appear in MAT as many times as they want.
It is necessary for all candidates to have to good knowledge on the examination scheme. The exam pattern will provide them familiarity with the type of questions asked in the exam, sections covered and the exam marking scheme. Below, we’ve provided the MAT 2018 exam pattern details.
The subject-wise division of marks in the below table will help you prepare for MAT 2018 Exam accordingly. Calculation of ideal time is also mentioned for better time management.
MAT 2018 Syllabus
Understanding of MAT Syllabus is very important for the better preparation of the exam.
Usually the MAT examination will be having same questions as compared to other MBA entrance examinations. The topics related to the examination are:
No. of Questions
|Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|Indian and Global Environment||40|
Candidates who would register successfully for the exam can download their MAT 2018 admit card as per the schedule. The admit card can only be downloaded from the official website and will not be issued via post or through any other modes. The admit card for CBT and PBT will be released separately. The MAT 2018 admit card will contain the details like candidate name, Roll No., Form No, date and timing of the test and exam center address.
The exam centers for PBT and CBT will be different. At some centers, the option for both PBT and CBT will be provided. The centers will be located in different cities situated all over the country. As per their mode of exam, the candidates can opt for nearby test centers in their application form.
AIMA reserves the right to change venue of a test centre/test mode or cancel a test centre/test mode due to any administrative or other reasons.
MAT 2018 Result
After one week of the exam the MAT 2018 result will be announced by AIMA most probably. It means 4th week of February 2018 will be projected as the result week of MAT 2018. Candidates can check their results online.
Roll number and application form number according to the month of test is just what you need to check your MAT result.
MAT 2018 Score Card
Candidates need to wait for three weeks after the MAT exam to check and download their scorecard. The scorecards are also sent via post to every candidate individually. The validity of MAT 2018 score card will be for the whole academic year.
In case your scorecard is misplaced somewhere, you can make a request to AIMA Authority to issue a duplicate MAT score card for you. MAT score card 2018 will be valid in over 600 management schools based in India.
The counselling after MAT 2018 will be conducted by the various participating institutions. The qualified candidates must pay the counselling fee on the official website of AIMA and select their preferred colleges. Depending upon their scores and seat availability, they will be called for counselling by the institutions.
MAT Admission Procedure 2018
Once the candidates receive their MAT score card 2018, then they can initiate the admission procedure. They have to apply to their desired management institutions individually. Their admission will be confirmed if they fulfill the eligibility criteria of the b-schools they have applied for.
For admission candidates can even approach the participating MIs along with their score card and for admission, Each MI has its own selection and eligibility criteria?
- Candidates will be allotted seat those who have score good marks in MAT 2018 exam.
- Candidates have to give Group Discussion, Personal Interview/Written Ability Test (WAT) rounds depending upon the institution.
- Admission will be given to candidates on the bases of candidate’s scores in the entrance exam and further rounds followed by the verification of documents.
MAT 2018 Preparation Tips
There is no rocket science behind attaining success in MAT exam. Just study with a focus on a smart plan and obtain great percentile. Let’s take a quick tour to the tips for ideal preparation for MAT:
- Create a timetable for every subject and adhere to the same always.
- The way to success goes through self-study; hence, concentrate on the same.
- Find mock tests and previous years’ papers using the internet and solve them on a daily basis. It will help you enhance your problem-solving speed.
- Reserve the last week before the exam for the thorough revision of everything you have studied.
- Healthy brain resides in a healthy body. Always take care of your well-being.